A serious next-generation city electric compact crossover has greatly improved.
The next-generation Kia Soul EV celebrates its world premiere at the 2018 Los Angeles Auto Show. One of the most advanced compact crossroads in the city is again with even greater attractiveness and improvement. The vehicle is powered by the next generation, modern, liquid-cooled lithium ion polymer, 64 kWh battery. It's the same as the one found in Kia Niro EV, which is about 301 miles per charge (WLTP) or about 260 euros in EPA.
Given that the current Soul EV with its 30-kWh battery pack has an EPA rating of 111 km, we understand it. 2020 Soul EV, With 64 kWh on board, driving near 240 miles for each charge, maybe even more. Unfortunately, since Kia this will be a limited offer in the US, availability will be a problem.
The 2020 Kia Soul EV is expected to use 201 horsepower electric motors to deliver 291 lb-ft of torque. However, the new battery is currently being tested to accurately determine the range for the EPA. The results are expected in early 2019 and will be announced later.
The award winning and untraditional compact utility vehicle is one of the best compact portable models on the market today. It is also one of the most expensive and most enjoyable cars that can be bought with money, allowing Kia to successfully target younger, more optimistic and better EV adopters.
One of the most impressive features of Soul EV is the new, modern, liquid-cooled lithium-ion polymer battery with 64 kWh. According to Kia, this will allow owners much less needed for daily charging, as well as a combined charging system (CCS), which usually uses a quick charge, the charge is short, so the joy of a journey with pleasure can continue after a short break.
In 2020, the Kia Soul EV will be equipped with four drive modes – Eco, Comfort, Sport and Eco +, which automatically adjusts the power of the traction motor, regenerative braking, air conditioning and heating settings, and sets speed limits to help manage performance depending on from driving conditions. In addition, there is also a clever regenerative brake operated by a paddle shifter. This will help drivers slow down the car with electric motors, allowing less brake pad wear and help retrieve kinetic energy by adding an extra range. Three regenerative braking levels will be offered, depending on the desired smoothness of driving and individual choices, thus achieving more pleasure and improving efficiency.
However, one of the most interesting questions about the Kia Soul EV 2020 is the Smart Eco Pedal Guide display on the instrument cluster. In short, the system informs the driver about real-time battery use based on the accelerator pedal input. In turn, it allows all drivers to accurately adjust their driving habits, allowing a longer range, better energy consumption and ultimately a greener and cheaper engine. This, along with a list of high-security items called "Kia Drive Wise" advanced driver assistance systems, ensures that driver and passengers can enjoy a safe journey.
In short, the 2020 Kia Soul will come with more technology, available advanced driver assistance systems, increased cargo space and more sophisticated feelings behind the wheel.
2020 Kia Soul EV
Full Pressure Voltage from Kia Below:
All new KIA SOUL EVO 2020 combines an angry bow with ALL-ELECTRIC BUZZ
Super cool and electric too
• The next-generation uber-popular city race is again available with just battery power
• Worked with the latest liquid-cooled lithium ion polymer with 64 kV battery
• Combined Charging System (CCS) DC Fast Charging is standard equipment
• 201 horsepower electric motor with 291 lb.-ft. from the torque
LOS ANGELES, 28 NOVEMBER 2018 – Today, Kia Motors America (KMA) introduced Kia's brand-new, award-winning and unconventional compact utility vehicle, the 2020 Soul. Along with this worldwide debut album, the all-electric, battery-powered Soul EV was also revealed. Just like peculiar, fun loving and crowd-pleasing, Soul EV makes it possible for Soul lovers to ride, not to mention gas.
Much better battery
The new Soul EV is a new, newest, liquid-cooled lithium-ion polymer battery with 64 kWh, which is believed to mean much less need for daily charging as well as standard equipment with a DC charging system (CCS) for fast charging, battery charging should be short so that road entertainment would be a pleasure to continue after a short break.
A new battery is currently being tested to accurately determine the range for EPA. The results are expected in early 2019 and will be announced later.
Driving dynamics – Soul EV is much more interesting than ever
Soul EV has always provided a bit of magic rugging that cools silently along with an apparently effortless train. Now, with 201 horsepower and 291 lb.-ft. from the torque (rising from 210 lb.-ft in the outgoing model), the drivers will feel like virtual Aladdin. Thanks to the addition of an independent rear suspension, treatment and driving dynamics are also significantly improved. The new Soul EV also offers many tools that allow drivers to adjust their driving experience and battery usage, including:
• Four driving modes – Eco, Comfort, Sport and Eco + – automatically control the output, braking, air conditioning and heating settings of the traction motor, as well as speed limits to help manage the performance based on driving conditions.
• Lightweight regenerative braking with a spade gearbox gives drivers the ability to slow down the car and absorb kinetic energy by adding an extra range. Drivers can choose from four regen braking levels (0 to 3) depending on the desired driving smooth, fun and efficient
• The function of the brakes and turbochargers allows the regenerative shaft converter to complete the car
• The Smart Regen system regulates the regenerative braking rate based on a vehicle that is perceived in front of the Soul EV and provides smoother downhill driving, especially when downhill
• The Smart Eco Pedal Guide tool kit informs the driver of real-time battery use based on the accelerator pedal input
Technology for a completely modern vehicle
The Soul EV features a long list of up-to-date features that help improve safety, improve driving experience and provide easy operation and ownership. Kia engineers and designers have been thinking about everything. Each Soul EV includes the Kia Drive Wise suite of advanced driver assistance systems and a long list of standard and auxiliary equipment, the main elements of which are listed below.
• High-tech rotary switch (wired over switch)
• 10.25 inch color touchscreen with rear view monitorviii and parking
• 6-speaker audio system (AM / FM / SiriusXM) ix with USB input
• Steering controls
• Apple CarPlayx and Android Autox
• Bluetooth® wireless connectivity with voice recognition
• 7 airbags (two front airbags, two front seats, side airbags, side curtain airbags with roll-over sensor, driver's side knee airbag)
• Vehicle security system xiv
◦ Anti-lock braking system
◦ Traction control
◦ Electronic Stability Control
◦ Assistant Launch Launcher;
◦ Tire pressure monitoring system
◦ Pedestrian alert system
• Kia Drive Wise Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) xv
◦ Premature Crash Warning (FCW)
◦ Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA)
◦ Lane Warning Alert (LDW)
◦ Lane Keeping Assist (CIA)
◦ Driver Alert Warning (DAW) xvi
◦ Smart Cruise Control with Stop & Go
◦ Alarm Collision Warning (BSW) (available)
◦ Rear Crash Alert for Crossing Traffic (available)
◦ Parking distance warning – only reverse (available)
New for Soul EV is an enhanced UV-telephony telematics system that allows owners to monitor and control long-range vehicle activity, including:
• Battery and charging status notifications
• Updating the real-time charging station
• Charging is planned
• Panic notifications – the vehicle will send a message to the server when an alarm is triggered and the system calls 911 emergency services, provides a car position with GPS and opens the live microphone so that emergency personnel can contact the vehicle's passengers
• Send2Car Points (POIs) and Route Points – Owners will be able to plan a trip with route points and send it to the vehicle navigation system
Made in Korea and the only soul with much more
Soul EV will be marketed next year in preparation for the Gwangju plant in Korea. Pricing will be announced closer to the date of sale. Buyers can choose from two models: Soul EV and Soul EV Designer Collection. The designer's collection model, which supports its surprisingly well-known name, gains all the benefits of Soul EV as well as much more, including:
• Two-tone colors: gravitation gray with platinum golden roof; Cherry black with red roof; and Neptune Blue with a Cherry Black roof
• Electrically folding shiny black heating, power adjustable exterior mirrors with signal repeater
• 10 speakers Harman / Kardonxviii premium audio with external amplifier
• Cordless phone charger xix
• Leather-coated steering wheel
• Heated front seats with Sofino® Premium without animal seats
• Auto-dimming rear view mirror