A GOVERNMENT health agency has written to parents of a Witney school after a pupil contracted meningitis.
Public Health England (PHE) wrote a letter to families at Wood Green School last week, confirming the case, stating that the pupil was recovering in a hospital.
This year, the Henry Box School wrote to parents about a suspected case of meningitis.
READ AGAIN: Suspected Meningitis Case at Henry Box School
PHE's letter reassured the parents that "all necessary action" has been taken to reduce the risk of spreading the infection.
It added: "The risk to your child is extremely small. The bacteria do not spread easily and only those who have had prolonged close contact with a affected person have a greater chance of developing the disease.
"Although the risk of another case in the school is very small, it is sensible to be aware of signs and symptoms."
A list of symptoms can be found on the NHS website and can include blotchy rash, dislike of bright lights, grip-like symptoms and mild soreness.
Cases of meningitis have fallen in the UK in recent years following the introduction of vaccines.
If left untreated, meningitis can cause life-threatening blood poisoning and permanent brain or nerve damage.
NHS England states is usually caused by a bacterial or viral infection and can be spread by sneezing, coughing, kissing or sharing utensils, cutlery and toothbrushes.
About one in 10 people carry the bacteria without causing any harm, and most people affected make a full recovery.