Almost killed a kiss: the child fought for her life because of herpes
In Britain, one year old child almost died because she was infected with a herpes virus kiss. The child had to be hospitalized for four days. Parents now warn other people to kiss their children in the mouth.
The little girl had a purple rash everywhere
A one-year-old girl from the North of the city of Darlington almost died because she was infected with herpes viruses. At first, the parents did not know what their child was missing. "Kaylah cried so much, I knew it could only mean pain," the mother told The Daily Mail. "We were at home and I was going to put him in the bath when I suddenly saw feet on my feet." According to the information, the child had a violet rash all over the place. "I was afraid that my first thought was that it had something to do with meningitis because she had it before," she said. However, the hospital proved to be infected with herpes viruses.
Two out of three people are infected with herpes viruses
Health experts say that two out of three people are infected with herpes viruses.
But most people with it never show symptoms and may not know they are infected. Therefore, cold sores are often carried unnoticed.
Viruses often only work with known effects, such as stress or strong sunlight, and cause, among other things, herpes mouth.
Some people need special care. Adult cold sores should be very careful when exposed to young children.
Because even a kiss from them can end with the death of infants, as shown by an older US case.
Even a small Kaylah from England was introduced to a life-threatening situation.
The infection could be fatal
According to the Daily Mail report, hospital doctors found that painful purple rash in the small Kajala causes herpes simplex virus.
"Doctors told us that someone with a cold sore kissed her lips, and because the child's immune system is not strong enough, she developed a rash," said a 22-year-old mother.
Her groom was shocked and "couldn't believe it was all because of the kiss."
The little girl had to stay in the hospital for four days, where she was treated with antibiotics.
The doctors indicated that the child was lucky that the infection could end in death.
"If we hadn't gone to the hospital quickly, it would have been very dangerous if we could lose it," said the new mother.
According to the parents, her daughter has not yet recovered. One month after leaving the clinic, she should take the medicine every day and get her doctor once a week.
Little Kaylah's parents are now turning to the public to warn other people about the risk.
"I just want other parents to know that you are not physically ill to harm your child – you can only be a carrier of the virus and still be affected," said the mother.
According to a newspaper report, the virus can be transmitted to the mother in infants, either by kiss or newborn, if she had genital herpes for the first time in six weeks of pregnancy.
The risk is greatly reduced if she was before the pregnancy when she passed on the necessary antibodies.
It is not the first time that parents, many of whom have lost their children, have warned that strangers are not allowed to kiss children.
"Please do not listen to the children of other people," said Marian Nicholson of the Herpes Virus Association.
Treat herpes as early as possible
If the infection is known, healthcare professionals will advise adults to treat cold sores as soon as possible. But what helps against herpes?
The medicine is often used to inhibit the multiplication of the virus in the normal way. Infection should not always be treated with antiviral medicines.
Sometimes, home remedies for herpes such as manuka honey or tea tree oil. The herpes outbreak until healing can take two weeks. (Ads)