Saturday , August 24 2019
Home / switzerland / Cat petted and infected: The woman paralyzed months after the Portuguese vacation

Cat petted and infected: The woman paralyzed months after the Portuguese vacation



She just wanted to love a nice cat – and came to the hospital. This horror story has happened to 24-year-olds, apparently on her Portuguese holidays. There she went loudly at Franken.de and approached a stray cat and spent several months in hospital.

As it turned out, the young woman was infected with the bacteria that caused Guillain-Barré syndrome. With the disease, the immune system itself attacks the nerves. The young woman's legs were paralyzed for several months.

It is not clear whether a 24-year-old is infected with a cat. However, stray animals should always be treated with caution. They can transfer pathogens to themselves and people. (Mz)


Source link