Saturday , June 10 2023

"Plastic Odyssey" is a boat that spreads awareness of plastic waste recycling


A boat who chooses to use plastic as a fuel: this is an Odissey plastic adventure. Prototype created. Part of the team in Brussels took part on Thursday.

"This catamaran is a recycling ambassador"Explains Simon Bernard, project engineer and initiator. Several engineering teams have been united to create a freely available system." Principle: Plastics are processed to produce diesel and petrol as part of its components, and Kg of plastic can produce a liter of fuel.

The aim is not to clean the oceans. "When it's too late in the sea: only 1% of plastic waste is flowing on the surface, the rest 99% is used or dispersed in microspheres", Again explains Simon Bernard."The shark must be off the source and be available for recycling. ""The idea is to offer the most affected countries, developing countries, recycling technologies that can be replicated and refined to create a monolithic network of small processing companies. "

Simon BERNARD, engineer and initiator of the Plasma Odyssey project, is the editor of M
M, Editor's Magic, Tuesday to Friday at. 18:20

Source link