NAME OF TITLE: DEPARTMENT DIRECTOR, RENEWABLE ENERGY AND ENERGY EFFICIENCY (PERN)
COMPLEX: ELECTRICITY, ENERGY, CLIMATE AND LEGUME GROWTH (PEV)
DEPARTMENT: RENEWABLE ENERGY DEPARTMENT AND ENERGY EFFICIENCY (PERN)
Rank: EU 5
SUPERIOR HIGH: VICE PRESIDENTS, ELECTRICITY, ENERGY, CLIMATE AND LEGUME GROWTH (PEV)
AWARD PLACE: ABIDJAN, COTE D & # 39; IVOIRE
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: This site is a benefit of international standing and is entitled to EMPLOYMENT TERMS.
If there is a technical difficulty in registering an application, please send an e-mail with a precise description of the problem and / or send a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct [email protected]
SAP No. 50092420
CLOSURE DATE: December 13, 2018 (at 23:59 GMT)
The African Development Bank, founded in 1964, is the first African Development Agency. Its mission is to promote economic growth and social progress throughout the continent. The Bank has 80 member states, including 54 African countries (regional member states). The Bank's Development Program aims to provide financial and technical support for transformative projects that significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to further focus on the objectives of the Decade Strategy (2013-2022) and to achieve greater developmental impact, five key areas (high 5) were identified, in which Africa should intensify its interventions. , namely: energy, agricultural business, industrialization, integration and improvement of the quality of life of African people.
The Vice-President of the Environment, Energy, Climate and Green Growth is a sectoral sector focused on the priority objective of "Enlightening Africa and feeding energy to high 5". Bank's ten-year strategy. The purpose of the complex is to: (i) develop policies and strategies in this area; (ii) providing regions with strong regional technical expertise, providing a pool of experienced people who can be consulted on their experience in complex transactions; (iii) develop new financing instruments; iv) be a bank representative representing their external stakeholders in all aspects related to the goal of "Illuminating Africa and Ensuring Energy". The complex will focus on energy systems, policies and regulation, renewable energy; climate and environmentally friendly growth.
The PEPI Complex will oversee the development of strategies and policies in the field of energy systems, ensure coherence of stakeholders, and represent banks' external stakeholders, launch projects, develop new innovative financial instruments and implement the 'Illuminate Africa and Activate Energy' programs. The complex will start and carry out transactions in the public and private sectors in cooperation with our regional offices and other Departments of the Complex.
This new complex has a unit responsible for renewable energy and energy efficiency (PERN). The main objective of the Directorate is to promote the development of renewable energy sources in Africa, energy efficiency and the use of clean kitchen solutions. The Director is responsible for team management to achieve these Banking Goals and the Regional Member States (RMCs). This team will test the Bank's initiatives in this sector, run programs with public and private sector projects, and work with clients in the field of network, small networks and off-balance-sheet solutions.
The Director will assume overall responsibility for the Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Directorate (PERN) and will be responsible for assisting the Bank's regional and subregions in Africa to develop renewable energy, energy efficiency and integrate clean kitchen solutions into their energy systems by combining public and private sector activities. In this capacity, he will oversee the Heads of Unit responsible for renewable energy, energy efficiency and clean culinary and energy initiatives to (i) promote the development of renewable energies in the African continent and channel the bank as a leader, (ii) promote energy efficiency and clean cooking solutions (iii) and implement various initiatives with the RMC, donors and other stakeholders.
In addition, he will be responsible for coordinating the implementation of relevant key programs, including the Desert to Electricity program, the DESCO Financing Program, the Sustainable Energy Fund for Africa, the Market Development Program. green mini networks and the Energy Integration Fund. Under this function, the Director will work with external partners, in coordination with other departments of the Bank, to mobilize funds and co-finance the climate.
The Director of the Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Department (PERN), who directly announces the Vice President of Electricity, Energy, Climate and Green Growth (PEVP), will fulfill the following duties and responsibilities:
1. coordinate the implementation of the relevant major programs in order to ensure the implementation of the new energy pact;
2. Monitor the Renewable Energy Unit to promote the development of renewable energy throughout the African continent and position the bank not only as a reference point for renewable energy, but also as an efficient and innovative RMC partner and a private sector financing and implementation of projects in this sector;
3. Monitor the Energy Efficiency and Clean-up Division to promote energy efficiency and clean cooking;
4. Monitor the work flow of energy initiatives in order to promote and implement various initiatives with different actors;
5. Ensure that the divisions maintain dialogues with platform teams in identifying, preparing, implementing and monitoring renewable energy operations, network access, energy efficiency and clean-up solutions;
6. Collaborate with regional and national offices to create and implement RMCs for renewable energy projects for banks;
7. Ensure that the Management provides support to the RMC to ensure the effective implementation of the renewable energy components as part of their country-specific investments;
8. Ensure that the Directorate assists the RMC in establishing a favorable policy and regulatory environment (including quality benchmarking) for the development of renewable energies, network access outside the network / small networks, energy efficiency and clean-up solutions;
9. Ensure that the Director provides technical advice to support energy projects and improve access to finance through specialized financing mechanisms and extended guarantees;
10. Ensure that the branch provides technical guidance for supporting energy efficient catalyst projects and improving access to finance for low energy efficiency projects;
11. Ensure that the branch provides technical advice to support investment in clean cooking solutions, including supply-side support for SMEs, providing clean cooking solutions and cooking prompt upon request;
12. Cooperate with financial solutions, energy policy and regulatory departments on regulatory issues and a structured and financial analysis of complex / innovative projects related to energy efficiency and clean food preparation;
13. Assist the Bank in positioning itself as a leader in the field of knowledge and relevant issues;
14. Encouraging an environment that stimulates and supports innovation, creativity and accountability for results and encourages employees to maximize their impact on the ground;
15. to monitor the Energy Investment Fund managed by an external manager;
16. Monitor the Sustainable Energy Fund for Africa (SEFA) and try to replenish it with SEFA 2.0;
17. Take on other responsibilities as required by the Vice-President of Energy, Energy, Climate and Green Growth.
CRAFTS (qualifications, experience and knowledge):
1. Hold a Master's degree or an equivalent degree in Electrical Engineering, Renewable Energy, Climate Change or related fields; preferably additional qualifications, preferably in science, economics and finance;
2. Demonstrate at least ten (10) years of professional experience in energy financing, particularly in Africa, as well as supervision and coordination of five (5) years of senior management experience and / or program or work projects;
3. To increase knowledge and understanding of the international agenda and the role of renewable energy sources in geopolitics, climate change and environmentally-friendly growth;
4. Establish a comprehensive network and expertise in international institutions and agencies active in the field of renewable energy and climate change in Africa and globally, including the UNFCCC, the Global Climate Fund (GFC), the Global Fund for Global Funds (GEF), the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) The African Union Commission, the African Ministerial Conference on the Environment (AMCEN), the African Environmental Ministers Conference on Energy (CEMA) and other relevant bodies in order to ensure the effective implementation of renewable energy projects and climate change mitigation measures;
5. Priority will be given to candidates who have experience in implementing renewable energy projects in the public service, as well as projects focusing on medium- or small-scale renewable energy solutions;
6. Long-term experience in combating climate change would be an asset;
7. Ability to innovate and define approaches to improve performance and increase impact on the Bank and its clients;
8. Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and involve key stakeholders in the provision of services (private sector, public sector and civil society);
9. Proven ability to work with several organizations to achieve complex goals;
10. Demonstrate the ability to build and lead a successful team to achieve ambitious and dreamy goals;
11. Be a leader who inspires and can motivate others to achieve quality results in difficult and demanding circumstances;
12. Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills that is manifested in the ability to work in a multicultural and multinational environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity, while building trust and providing a healthy working environment for different team members;
13. There is a high level of negotiation skills and experience in talks with top management, both internal and external;
14. Ability to listen and communicate effectively with supervisory bodies such as international organizations, board of directors and board of directors and other senior government officials;
15. A good understanding of the factors that contribute to or hinder progress in the complex regulatory, political and cultural environment;
16. There is an in-depth knowledge of the renewable energy sector in the whole of Africa and experience in conducting comprehensive assessments of the technical and economic potential of renewable energy;
17. A good understanding of issues related to energy efficiency and clean cooking solutions;
18. Is well aware of the work of multilateral development finance institutions;
19. Work with strong strategic thinking skills and be able to implement practical and sustainable policies and rules based on concepts and strategic directions.
18. Demonstrate your experience in building and managing relationships with various partners – local organizations, governments and financial institutions;
19. Ability to communicate effectively (in writing and comprehensively) in English or French with a good knowledge of the second language;
20. Master use the Bank's standard software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
Contact candidates who meet all of the Bank's requirements and are selected for further evaluation. Candidates must submit online a short report (CV) and any additional documents that may be required. The ADB President reserves the right to nominate a candidate below the ad position. The African Development Bank is an employer that guarantees the same opportunities. Women's uses are highly recommended. https://www.afdb.org/fr/
The African Development Bank (AFB) does not receive any fees from any type of candidate throughout the recruitment process (filing or processing an application, interviewing, etc.). In addition, the Bank Group does not request any information about candidate bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group waives any responsibility for publishing fraudulent offers on its behalf or, in general, fraudulent use of its name in any way.
<! – now
AFRICASEARCH is the first HR recruitment and consulting company specializing in Africa.
Established in 1996 and explained in an office network in Europe, Africa and the United States.
AFRICSEARCH employs African managers who are trained in the best institutions with a high level of expertise,
but also emigrated by leaders with a strong African experience.
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for all tasks entrusted to the structure and which are not in a specific form
powers of the Board of Directors. He shall ensure the technical, administrative and financial management of the structure.
Duration of commitments
Three (03) years of authorization, which can be renewed once.
- To prepare the transactions submitted to the Board of Directors' deliberations, to implement the decisions of the Board of Directors and to report on their implementation;
- Report regularly to the prime minister;
- Create all revenue orders
Training and experience:
- Level BAC + 5 in telecommunication, legal, economic and management areas
- Knowledge of electronic communications;