Tuesday , June 22 2021

The choir reduces the price of gigabyte fiber to $ 60



The chorus has announced it connects half a million customers with the U.S. Ultra-Fast Broadband (UFB) optical network and claims that it will "stimulate" the introduction of gigabit speed plans.

According to Chorus, it has connected 100,000 customers only in the last six months compared to five years to connect the first 100,000 fiber clients.

500 000 UFB customers are split between different speed levels, and planned are 84 000 with 50Mbps; 353,000 for 100 Mbps; 19,000 by 200 Mbps; and 36,000 customers at 1 Gb / s.

Education and business plans also have 10000 Mb / s + 6,000 customers.

"As more of New Zealand is attracted to fiber, consumers also retreat from entry-level plans to higher-specification plans to provide them with the best experience," said Chors.

Thus, the service provider will reduce its wholesale price for residential gigabit services from NZ $ 65 to NZ $ 60 by mid-2019 and then by mid-2020 to NZ 56.

The Chorus announced in January 2017 a deal with Crown Fiber Holdings (CFH), a government-owned company, to expand the UFB fiber network to 169 new territories and 203,000 locations across the country.

Last month, Chorus also said it would boost the New Zealand copper broadband using VSDL2 vector technology to speed up to 130 Mbps in cooperation with Nokia.

The VDSL2 technology, which eliminates interference between multiple copper cable lines, uses the Chorus network outside the government UFB and Chorus's own fiber imprint.

"Nokia VDSL vectorisation is an essential technology to ensure that those who are not yet connected to the Chorus ultrafast fiber network can have the best broadband experience," said network technology leader Martin Sharrock.

"Vectorization has improved the average VDSL downstream speed by more than 40 percent and upstream speeds by more than 30 percent. This is especially important in New Zealand's rural area where fiber is still not planned."

This year, Nokia and the chorus also announced the network's new optical wavelength service solution to provide an open access network infrastructure.

Nokia last year extended the managed service contract with the Chorus for another three years by agreeing on the choir's "heritage networks, as well as the deployment of Telco in both sections of the UFB.

Two years ago, Nokia extended its contract with Chorus for two years to update broadband infrastructure throughout New Zealand, including fiber-based Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) technology and VDSL2.

On the other hand, in June, Vocus and Vodafone NZ set up a joint venture to work on unbundling UFB in an effort to remove customers from the choir and local fiber companies (LFCs).

The unbundling of UFB services will allow third-party service providers to access the network that companies have claimed to increase competition as well as better tailor broadband products such as 10 Gb / s services and low latency services for gamers.

"The joint venture will involve the separation, design and investment of four LFC fiber fibers in order to offer retail fiber products in competition with LFC," said Vocus and Vodafone.

The New Zealand Economic Development, Science and Innovation Committee recommended separating fiber services by 2020 [PDF]when Vodafone and Vocus say that in January 2020 they will start offering consumer and business-level services.

New Zealand's UFB provides fiber coverage to approximately 87% of the population by 2022, with the rest of the population being backed up by the country's Rural Broadband Internet Initiative (RBI).

Under these initiatives, 99 percent of the population will have access to a maximum speed of 50 Mb / s, while the remaining 1 percent will have a speed of at least 10 Mb / s.

Latest NZ coverage

It's a business time: after all, New Zealand launches a Rocket Lab mission

After its first release in late June, Rocket Labs Business Time successfully completed its mission.

Vodafone NZ preps network 5G

Vodafone New Zealand and Ciena network use programmable capabilities to prepare for 5G and IoT applications.

Telstra partners with Vodafone NZ for security

Telstra has provided its 24/7 Open Managed Security Services Cloud Platform with Vodafone New Zealand to launch security management services for government and corporate customers.

Nokia and the choir improve New Zealand copper broadband services

Nokia has deployed VDSL2 vector technology using Chorus's legacy copper network to provide speeds of up to 130Mbps.

Sparks turn on the Cat M1 IoT network

New Zealand Tent deploy Cat M1 throughout the country over the next six months.

5G Mobile Networks: Cheat Sheet (TechRepublic)

As LTE networks become increasingly saturated, mobile network operators are planning the next 5G. Here's what business professionals and mobile users need to know about 5G networks.


Source link