Saturday , January 16 2021

A young man eats food and dies eight years after prolonged illness



Responding to the challenge from his friends, a 19-year-old Australian ate a live livestock at a drunken evening. Eight years later, he died on Friday after complications of severe illness.

Just a few days after molluscum eating, Sam Ballard felt pain in her legs and thought that the ball could be the cause. A doctor's visit told him that he had signed a parasitic worm Angiostrongylus cantonensis, whose larvae cross the rats, then cattle or snails.

In the case of this remarkable rugby player, the worm was the origin of eosinophil meningoencephalitis. If the patient can recover after a few weeks without treatment, other cases can cause brain damage and, moreover, death. Sam Ballard was dipped in a coma for 420 days.

His family supported him, and Ballard, who became a rider, tried to overcome the consequences of this brain trauma. However, the effects of the disease continued.

The cases when the disease is fatal are very rare, according to the reports published in the newspaper. In the United States, this disease is most commonly seen in Hawaii.

The Center for Disease Prevention and Control (CDC) recommends never drinking rough roughage, snails or frogs, and to handle gloves.


Source link