Here we will guide you how to download and install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie is on Alcatel tetra. This ROM is based on Android 9.0 at GSI with Treble Enabled. GSI stands for a Generic System image. The generic name implies that such software images could be installed on any Treble enabled device, regardless of the manufacturer they belong to. We've already shared the full list of devices supported for Android Pie 9.0 Generic System Image (GSI).
Now we have a good news for Alcatel tetra users. You can now download and install the AOSP Android Pie 9.0 GSI on Alcatel tetra. Full Credits to the XDA Recognized Developer phhusson who is the great man behind the work of Project Treble GSI build. Recently, the ROM development community has completely boosted Custom ROM development with the help of Project treble. We've seen the Lineage OS, Resurrection Remix, the Mokee OS, Pixel Experience has made its way to support most of the budget device based on Kirin, Exynos, Lineage, and other obscure brands.
To install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie on Alcatel tetra, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery or you can flash via ADB sideload method. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Android 9.0 Pie on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let's understand the features of Android 9.0 Pie.
What's on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 This is the 9th iteration and major update of Google's Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor of Android Oreo, but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of the Android 9 Pie are the New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Features of Android 9.0 Pie:
- Indoor navigation with Wi-Fi RTT
- Gesture Navigation
- App Timer
- Wind down
- Notch support
- App Actions and Slices
- Lockdown mode
- Zoom in text
- Smarter Notification Channels
- Improvement in messaging apps
- An easier way to take screenshots and edit them
- Auto-Rotate Button
- Dark theme
- Increased security
- Default HTTPS for apps
- Pair up to 5 Bluetooth devices
- Alert tone to notify call recordings
- Media Panel UI change
- Support for HEIF image and HDR VP9 video format
- Autofill in browsers
- 157 new emoji
- Ambient Display for Battery Percentage
- Adaptive Battery
- Adaptive Brightness
- ART improvements
Guide to Install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie is on Alcatel tetra
If you are looking to install the latest version of Android OS on your device, then follow this guide below to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie update for Alcatel tetra.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any internal / external damage to the device that may occur while / following following this guide. This ROM may or may not be completely stable and we do not recommend that you try this ROM as a daily driver. So far this ROM has been working smoothly on many devices.
- Supported on Alcatel tetra
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- Do a full data wipe in the stock recovery (this is optional, the twrp wipe will not work)
- Download Alcatel USB Drivers and Install on your PC
- You need to unlock the bootloader on the Mediatek device. [Most Mediatek device comes with bootloader unlock]
- Install the latest TWRP recovery on Alcatel tetra. [via TWRP Method]
- Download ADB and Fastboot tool [via ADB Sideload Method]
Required ROM and Gapps Package:
You need only the GAPPS version to download and install AOSP Android Pie. Vanilla is basically plain w / o GAPPS, and FLOSS is with Open Source alternatives to the GAPPS.
Instructions to Flash:
To flash the AOSP Android 9.0 Alcatel tetra, you can either use the TWRP Recovery method or you can flash using the ADB Sideload method. If you already have, then make sure you download the above-mentioned links.
Method 1: Install via TWRP Recovery
- First of all, make sure to download and move all the above required ROM packages to your Alcatel tetra Internal storage.
- You can now extract the GSI and vendor + boot zip [Complete Guide on How to extract any Zip file on Android devices.]
- Now reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery and Swipe Allow Modifications (Appears for the first time only)
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery, first of all. Take a complete backup of stock or custom ROM using TWRP.
- Now wipe the cache, data, and system before flashing Android Pie 9.0 on Alcatel tetra.
- To Wipe Data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select the Dalvik / ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe.
- That's it! Reboot and enjoy!
Method 2: Install via ADB Sideload
—> How to Install Generic System Image on Project Treble Devices
I hope this guide was helpful to install the Android 9.0 Pie on Alcatel's tetra based on Project Treble GSI images.
If this method does not work, then go to the AOSP 9.0 Phh-Treble thread in XDA and report your issue.
Source: XDA || Credits to phhusson