Monday , August 26 2019
Home / chile / Abuse in the Church: A "strange" audience that stopped Ezzati's dismissal by the State

Abuse in the Church: A "strange" audience that stopped Ezzati's dismissal by the State



It was a large audience in the thirteenth court of Santiago, which was investigating an application for dismissal of Cardinal Ricardo Ezzati, who is responsible for the hiding of former Santiago Archbishop Chancellor Óscar Muñoz Toledo.

Several previous cases were presented at the hearing, some of which were related to the Jorge Laplagne case, which is related to Muñoz and another case in the prosecution investigation.

From the outset, Ezzati's lawyer Hugo Rivera accused the ideology of this case and claimed that his representative in the communication had used the prosecutor's office. "The thesis of the prosecution is to ideologize this investigation. The case of the natural tribunals was taken away, and the destruction of all mediation began at Ricardo Ezzati. When he was summoned as accused, everything started. To some laughter in his personal house and bills trying to deprive his nationality," he said.

"I am very pleased that you have not been rejected because you do not deserve it. It is a criminal who is involved not only in one, but in several cases. I hope that one of them will soon be in prison.

– Juan Carlos Cruz, the victim of Fernando Karadima.

In one of his speeches, prosecutor Emiliano Arias explained that the addition of Ezzati as a cover is not just a case of Muñoz and Laplagne, but in several cases known after raids, and among them he referred to an internal violation of the metropolitan cathedral, which was not studied while Ezzati was responsible for archeocese. . "Mr. Ljubljana has serious and gross failures," he said.

Although he admitted that it was a deformed investigation, and even if it might be weak, Judge Eduardo Gallardo said he would still be investigating an unresolved investigation. Therefore, "in the current situation, I will reject the request to abolish the Jungle in this investigation."

Strange audience

After the resolution, religious lawyer Hugo Rivera questioned the judge's arguments and confirmed that they would go to the Court of Appeal to change the decision. Therefore, before it is resolved, Ezzati will not make a statement to the prosecutor's office. "It can't stay standing because the judge-supported theory is very dangerous (of which) the person must be official to ask for the final dismissal. Imagine that the innocent should always be formalized with all the consequences," Rivera said.

Meanwhile, prosecutor Emiliano Arias welcomed the judge's decision and claimed that Cardinal was trying not to investigate. "So far, there is no reason to be able to initiate formalization," admitted the persecutor, but "what is envisaged here is not to be explored. It is unprecedented. That's why this audience is so strange," he accused.

He also rated Juan Carlos Cruz, rapporteur Fernando Karadima and one of those who accused Ezzati of coverage. "I am very glad that you have not been rejected because you do not deserve it. It is a criminal who is involved not only in one, but in several cases. I hope one of them will soon go to prison," he admitted.

Sebastián Brogca | UN agency
Sebastián Brogca | UN agency

Muñoz continues his night arrest

The Ezzati situation was the second issue resolved by the court, as it first reviewed the precautionary measures of former Archbishop Chancellor Óscar Muñoz Toledo. His defense asked for the arrest of the night house, which he now executes, to be canceled, while the prosecutor asked to return to the preventive prison he had during the first months of the investigation.

However, Judge Gallardo decided to keep him at home in custody at noon. 10:00 to 10:00 18.00, but to add the country's roots and the ban on the victims.

It was the judge's decision – the moment when Muñoz Toledo was offended by the names of the victims' relatives and his lawyer Gabriel Henríquez.

https://media.biobiochile.cl/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/1999824720.mp3

Despite the outcome, the prosecutor's office announced that it would appeal against the precautionary measures to try to return to preventive detention within the next five legal days.


Source link