Tuesday , August 20 2019
Home / canada / Women's face balloons after a reaction to hair color

Women's face balloons after a reaction to hair color



A student at a French university says she thought she might die after a severe allergic reaction to the hair color that cheered on her.

Estelle, 19, who asked Newsweek did not disclose her last name, bought a hair dye supermarket two weeks ago so she could transform herself from a blonde woman for a brunette.

She felt a few hours after she put the color on her scalp when it started scratching. For too much thought, she went to a pharmacist to get a cream to cure an irritation, but the worst was coming.

Two days later she looked in the mirror and was shocked by what she saw. Her head was unpleasant.

"I had a bulb," she said Le Parisien.

She was killed at a hospital where doctors found she had an allergic reaction to parafenylenediamine (PPD), a 90% hair dye compound and known to have an allergic risk.

The circumference of her head had grown from 22 inches to 24 inches.

Doctors gave Estelle an adrenaline shot and kept him there for observation at night, and she told me Newsweek She thought she could die.

"Before you arrive in a hospital, you just do not know how long you will need to hurts if you have time to get to the hospital or not," she said.

She has posted photos of her persecution on Facebook as an alert to others who may have missed fine print in hair dye products.

"Now I'm fine. I'm pretty laugh about myself, given the incredible form of my head."

Screenshot (96) Estelle had a severe allergic reaction when she tried to paint her hair. She shared pictures of their injuries in social media to alert others to the dangers of allergens in hair colors.
Le Parisien

"But my biggest message is to make people be more vigilant with such products, because these effects can be fatal, and I want companies that sell these products to make their warnings clearer and more visible."

The chemical concentration of PPD in hair dyes has been regulated since 2013. Guidelines for U.K. The National Health Service (NHS) indicates that they can safely be used with safety instructions.

Catherine Oliveres-Ghouti, a member of the French National Dermatology Association, told Le Parisien that between two and three per cent of the population may be allergic to this substance and she often encounters "eczema, eyes like a rabbit and swollen head".

"I saw distorted patients, but extreme cases like Estelle are rare," she said on paper.


Source link