Rangers lost 1-0 on Tuesday, despite Flyers 38-19 playing and playing his opponents after the first 100 seconds of the game. Anthony Stolarz did what seemingly every spare sweater did in New York, but turned into impenetrable power. The big news before and during the game was scratching by Pavel Buchnevich with coach David Quinn.
David Quinn Post-Game:
– New York Rangers (@NYRangers) January 30, 2019
Pre-Game Discussion of Scratches by Pavel Buchnevich:
After #NYR In the morning show, coach Quinn discusses the change in tonight, including 11F and 7D.
The coach also talks about Mika's games, saying: "he is a three-zone player, he is a great teammate and he is very trainable."
Full Interview ⬇️ pic.twitter.com/pDBzThank you
– New York Rangers (@NYRangers) January 29, 2019
Lines with Buch sitting and Mats Zuccarello on foot infections:
Smith / Pionk-Shattenkirk
1) Buchnevich – Scratching Buchu in a game where Zucc has gone has the wrong stick right. Add no targets to 38 shots with even more material look and, of course, Rangerstwitter's weapons. With Brett Howden now "for a while" with knee injury, perhaps Buch gets in, especially because in the 11/7 format, despite the hard game, no goals were achieved, but if Zucc's foot injury was healed enough if Buch was sitting again, we will be Defcon 1.
We all drove when coach Alain Vigneault sat in Buchnevich. Now with a second coach, whose mandate is very different from AV because he doesn't have to win right away, also scratching Buchnevich, maybe it's a player, not a coach. Is it an effort, a body language, or a combination of both, resulting in Quinn sitting in Buchnevich? With 15 points in 32 games, his output is not stellar, but with the fourth line of duty and line of play, this exit is reasonable. Thus, Bukhnevich sits in the press box for other reasons.
Larry Brooks described it well as this report is Buchnevich. The next last point is the key. If he doesn't get it, he will probably never be. But I am also convinced that you do not have to offer a talent for a second course return to get back the asset, reminding all Alexey Kovalev years ago. Hopefully this letter will be received and Buch will properly include it in our game, as a result of which we will talk about our production and how well he plays, not when he should sit.
It's not just a wake-up call, not when it comes to the club's first game after an extended / full Star break that started on January 20th, not when it comes without the proper move to insert a different forward combination instead of when it had already happened three times.
Rather, David Quinn attacked Buchnevich's ear, which was, of course, enough for a third-year pro access to the ice before making this stunning decision.
Yes, Buchnevich has to be frustrating (nine points, six assists, 15 points in 32 games) to get a relatively small five-five player, and a team that is starving offensive. But his shrinking ice time is for him, not for the first trainer who followed the veteran coach Alain Vigneault, who, by the way, looked at what was very similar.
Peripheral numbers are not enough.
2) HayesThe third leading team player returned to Brett Howden's left and Jimmy Vesey on the right. But after Howdens left halfway with the first road trauma, Hayes became the second row center, with Philip Chytil and Jesper Fast on their wings. Hayes, who has missed nine games with upper body injuries, 22:25 in his first game since January 2, released six footage.
3) Chris Kreider – Dominant performance, five shots and six hits. But when he needed to lift the puck, he didn't, and when he was able to shoot, he picked up the puck. Perhaps 2-3 goals could have been in the last night.
4) Anthony Stolarz and Flyers – Look at these numbers after the game after writing on NHL.com. All you can do is scratch your head.
Stolarz was the first season break and the second was NHL, who hadn't played at Flyer because he kept a lower body injury during the first 5-1 loss periods on 15 December in Vancouver Canucks. victory, Stolarz is 3-3-2 with 3.44 goals against the average and 0.896 save interest on 10 games (eight starts) this season. He had 3.90 GAA against all other teams before it turned into Terry Sawchuck's second coming.
Oskar Lindblom, winning four Rangers around the wheel, won Philadelphia (21-23-6), who has won opponents 20–10 in the longest active winning series (five games) at NHL.
The Flyers have won six games in a row against Rangers, excluding three of the last four.
5) Vally on Georgiev:
– MSG Networks (@MSGNetworks) January 30, 2019
6) Another, just added. New York is not ready to give up assets to create a potential free agent for big names now. It is counterproductive, it makes no sense and turns against the leadership that they will do this season. The free agency comes in July or just before, then by all means is aggressive. This does not mean any deal with Artemi Panarin, especially what was offered in comments on the second blog, because Columbus is likely to laugh at this offer. This also means that there is no need to address someone like Tyler Seguin or anyone else. Funds expiring will be moved and unknown to Hayes. Those who are considered to be part of the future will remain, and even if a potential future asset is transferred, it will be for someone contracted or controlled over several seasons.
It will be interesting to see the line combinations in practice and on Thursday evening. I'll be in the game. Let me know if any of you will.