In recent hours, a group of rodents in the neighboring courtyard of House 63 between 1 and 115 was reported to have been living in El Mondongo's neighboring neighborhood group. situation and feelings of "health risk".
Clara Becerra, one of the affected people, said: "The police and SAME have already arrived, but we need a search warrant to clean the house." He added: "We are afraid of everyone's health in the apple."
Desperately, Clara asked, "The risk that it may be affected, we need the authorities to speed up the procedures before the worst event."
Following the distribution of the terrace image, other interior elements are now added that reflect the size of the problem.
The municipality made recommendations
The La Plata municipality joined the prevention campaign against hantavirus and made recommendations and measures to control rodents in this regard. In addition, it was reported that city residents can take Cebo free from Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 16:00 at the local Zoonosis Directorate, located at 52 and 120.
Tips for Hantavirus Prevention
After approval of some cases of hantavirus Various parts of the country, the Municipal Health Secretariat reported on the recommendations and main symptoms caused by this viral disease transmitted to mice that destroy the virus through saliva, faeces and urine.
In this respect, Health Secretary Germán Niedfeld explained that "contamination can be done by inhaling infected air in a place where infected rodents have released the virus." they are transported in the air and can also be transmitted with bites or direct contact with live or dead rodents. "
In order to avoid the spread of the virus, they suggested that:
– Keep the house clean
– sealing gaps over 0.5 cm inside and outside your home
– Leave the waste in tightly closed and durable containers
– Keep the medicine grass
– Do not leave containers with water or pet food near rodents
– Avoid placing firewood or gardening within 30 meters of the house
At the same time, rural areas were found:
– Ventilate for 30 minutes before entering enclosed spaces
– Spray the floor and surfaces with water and bleach after ventilation
– Keep food and water from rodents
– Close and remove sheds and warehouses
– Basements must be ventilated, ordered daily and without waste
For those who stay on camping, they should take into account:
– Use tent with inserts, closed and without holes
– Choose clean and free shrubs and pastures
-Store waste in closed containers (dispose of if necessary)
– Drink only safe water (drinking, boiled, packed or disinfected)
– Store food in strong and closed containers
– Collect or not use wild fruits
– Do not leave pots or accessories near rodents
– Walk only on authorized trails
On the other hand, the experts explained that to remove the dead mouse, a mask and gloves should be used, previously sprayed with bleach and then placed in a bag and covered at a depth of 50 cm.
Speaking of the symptoms of Hantavirus, Niedfeld explained in detail that "they resemble the state of flu: fever, muscle pain, headache, nausea, chills, vomiting, diarrhea and in some cases abdominal pain or abdominal pain. Spine."
"After a few days, breathing difficulties can also occur, which is exacerbated by what is known as Hantovirus Cardiopulmonary Syndrome, which, although rare, can cause death if not treated immediately," the secretary said. local health.
Finally, in case of fever symptoms:
– Talk to your doctor
– Observe the rest and avoid public places
– If you have to leave home, do it with a chin strip
– Avoid close contact with your spouses
– Wash your hands frequently with soap and water
– Ventilate all home spaces
– Clean the household with bleach solution